I’ve had some painful fallings out with friends over the years, because sometimes I’ve really been out of line. I wasn’t capable of honoring them like I am now, and they weren’t capable of honoring me either. It worked both ways. When it came down to dealing with it, I’ve chosen to have joy in my life. It’s a choice, you can either be a victim forever or be an abuser. We all swing back and forth at times. We kinda choose to hang out on one side of the ship more than the other. The point is I’ve tried to get out of that pattern and so, very close friends of mine who haven’t been able to take responsibility for what has happened in their life, blame people. I got tired of being part of the blame. You will find once you choose truth and light, love and responsibility, then you are in command and control of your life. You still have a polarity when one of you chooses to still be a victim and allow other people to control and blame you. Or, you can choose to take control. To control what is going to happen now as far as if I’m not happy here… I can leave. If I’m not being respected here, I can leave, but I have to respect myself first. Only you can do that for yourself. No matter how much you love another person, they are the only ones who can respect themselves. Tori Amos (via liquid-diamonds-flowing)
If you say pumpkin spice latte three times in the dark, a girl in yoga pants wearing ugg boots will show up and tell you all her favorite things about fall. (via thebacchant)
The Father was never seeking to save us from Himself, but to save us from the toxic consequences of aligning ourselves with darkness. It wasn’t Him we needed saving from, but sin and violence that we needed healing from. Jeff Turner (via hislivingpoetry)
You have this one life. How do you wanna spend it? Apologizing? Regretting? Questioning? Hating yourself? Dieting? Running after people who don’t see you? Be brave. Believe in yourself. Do what feels good. Take risks. You have this one life. Make yourself proud. (via whatalovelythought)
- The signs were invited to their friend's wedding recently and decided that they had nothing better to do. The only problem (as if they didn't already have enough problems) is that none of them are in a relationship, this is not going to go down well... RECEPTION TIME!
- Pisces: Can someone please have a drink with me? This day has been too depressing...
- Sagittarius: Why? WHY AM I GOING TO DIE ALONE!?
- Capricorn: Don't be silly, there are more important things to worry about... a career...
- Sagittarius: I just don't understand why nobody loves me, like literally NOBODY loves me...
- Scorpio: AH PISCES! MY MAN! Pass me that gin and tonic will you, I'm hoping to get freaky with the bridesmaids tonight...
- Pisces: You're disgusting but here's your drink anyway... I'm too depressed to care...
- Gemini: Ugh, you just don't understand Cancer, commitment is not even in my vocabulary, I just want to have SEX.
- Cancer: Your lack of emotional depth is astounding
- Aquarius: I know the feeling Gem, what's the point of starting a relationship when you can just start thousands? There's no fun waking up to the same person day after day after day after day...
- Taurus: *stuffing their face* I WANT SOMEBODY TO LOVE! WHAT AM I DOING WRONG!
- Aries: Oh look, there's the bride and groom, dancing, how freaking adorable, *whispering* I will kill those bitches in their sleep...
- Leo: WHY IS SHE MARRIED AND NOT ME? I AM WAY BETTER LOOKING AND ALL ROUND BETTER!
- Virgo: It's not like we're asking for much, just someone to talk to, laugh to, hold close to us and breathe out all our sorrows...
- Libra: Please stop depressing me, I'm out to get some tonight!
- Cancer: Again, do any of you actually feel emotions?
- Capricorn: I feel emotions
- *Everyone stares at Capricorn*
- Capricorn: I mean, I don't show them, but I still feel them...
- *The signs are silent for a moment, the conversation taking quite a different turn*
- Aquarius: Whoa dude, I feel exactly the same....
- Gemini: Me too, I mean I pretend like I'm ok but really I want something... more....
- Scorpio: I don't really want to have sex. I mean, I do, but I want to do other things as well, maybe get married?
- Libra: Sometimes the emotion is so much that it just overwhelms me and I just can't take another breath and it feels like I'm falling...
- Virgo: Sometimes just the thought of seeing happy couples destroys me, my life is supposed to be perfect, not theirs... although I am happy for them.
- Sagittarius: I MOSTLY JUST WANT TO HAVE SEX!
- Pisces: Hey, have you guys ever realised that there's twelve of us?
- Taurus: *counting* That is correct, your point is?
- Pisces: Why don't we just... date each other?
- Gemini: Haha that won't work...
- Aries: Why not?
- Gemini: Dude, none of us are even compatible, it would be next to impossible. Like maybe it could work if we all had certain characteristics and attributes that matched perfectly with another's ones. We could suggest that these patterns in behavior have something to do with the day we were born. We could draw up a chart and figure out how that chart would determine our best match. We could categorize ourselves into separate groups, dependent on certain features that we have in common. But really, if we did all that it would just be a disaster.
- *The signs consider Gemini's wise words in contemplative silence*
- Scorpio: Pssh, you're right, I hate you all anyway.
- Libra: LET'S PARTY
- This blog is the reason why I don't make sense anymore.
Everybody isn’t your friend. Just because they hang around you and laugh with you doesn’t mean they’re for you. Just because they say they got your back, doesn’t mean they won’t stab you in it. People pretend well. Jealousy sometimes doesn’t live far. So know your circle. At the end of the day, real situations expose fake people, so pay attention. (via itsalexr)
Not all toxic people are cruel and uncaring. Some of them love us dearly. Many of them have good intentions. Most are toxic to our being simply because their needs and way of existing in the world force us to compromise ourselves and our happiness. They aren’t inherently bad people, but they aren’t the right people for us. And as hard as it is, we have to let them go. Life is hard enough without being around people who bring you down, and as much as you care, you can’t destroy yourself for the sake of someone else. You have to make your wellbeing a priority. Whether that means breaking up with someone you care about, loving a family member from a distance, letting go of a friend, or removing yourself from a situation that feels painful — you have every right to leave and create a safer space for yourself. Daniell Koepke (via ridingsidesaddle)
← Older entries Page 1 of 25